Image Map

Friday, July 5, 2013

Out of This Galaxy - NEXT GEN insider interview (2010)

Let us recall another interview, this time for NEXT GEN insider, in 2010:


Put your hands together for our featured recording artist, Norwegian born, Omer Michael J Bhatti, a.k.a O-Bee. Up first on his wish list is to hop on a flight to LA to work in the states. (We most certainly want him here, too.) So, for all agents and respective sponsors in the NEXT GEN audience, we’re handing you your next project on a silver “galaxy” platter. Meet O-Bee and respect his next generation-ness.
On the brink of an upcoming stage show comprised of dance and rap, this visionary is working hard recording music for his official NEW single. Is there a rapper out there who can dance like O-Bee? Not as far as we’re concerned. He’s got this niche mastered.
At the ripe age of 25, we encourage you to include this gorgeous rockstar on your must-know list for 2010. And keep 2011 on your radar, too. O-Bee shot a suave calendar with Massimo Masini in Rome. On sale soon. Get your thumbtacks ready; this calendar is a hot holiday gift. (Hint, hint, early shoppers.)  Can we get a witness?
O-Bee is a gifted and prominent entertainer who learned to dance by watching himself in a mirror and grew up performing in front of thousands on international stages. He was mentored by Michael Jackson and has stars in his eyes for classical Claude Debussy. Today, he’s concentrating on building his brand as a hip hop musician with his own unique choreography.
Have you been to www.obeegalaxy.com (http://omerbhatti.com/ now) yet? Oh wait… before you set your eyes on his graphically pleasing home page, read our exclusive interview below. You’ll want these deets.


O-Bee, where did you learn to dance? How did it all begin?
Music and dance has always been my passion, but I started dancing at the age of 8.
I learned to dance by standing in front of the mirror, and from my mentor.

How old are you now?
I am 25 years old.

Did you have a mentor growing up?
Yes, Michael Jackson.

Who are your mentors now?
The music I listen to… which controls my movements.

Tell us about you and your performance career. Where do you see yourself tomorrow and in five years?
I feel that standing on stage and entertaining is what I do best… I am planning a new stage show concept, where I can showcase my talents. I don’t know where I will be in 5 years or tomorrow for that sake. Since I was little, my life has always changed drastically, many times. Sometimes I feel like I live in a briefcase; always on the road.

Well, we’re glad your briefcase brought you to NEXT GEN insider. You have many fans and now a fan in us. What has a fan said to you that’s always stood out in your mind?
All the support from fans in general has been overwhelming. But one thing that stood out was when a kid asked me, “Is it true that you have a robot arm?”

What can an audience member do that really melts your heart as a performer on the stage?
I’m glad if they just appreciate my art, and maybe blow me some kisses.

What is your proudest moment in the performing arts so far?
Practice moments with my mentor.

What is “it” about dance that “gets you”?
Dance is an expression for me. When people ask me what kind of style I dance, I say I move wherever my body takes me. I don’t like to call it on certain type of style… If you label dance, it can put you in a box and limit you. I move where the music takes me and try to take my body to new places and experiment.

What do you have to say to aspiring artists that are looking to be like you?
Take chances and use inspiration from others. Don’t be afraid to try new things. Dream big!

What do you like to do in your spare time?
Watch movies, listen to music and research.

What is your inspiration?
Things that I experience in life. Positive and negative.

What are your fave songs?
So many. I try to keep up with whats going on in music today, but I love old soul classic and classical music such as Claude Debussy.

What has been your biggest obstacle to overcome?
I have lost too many close people to me in my young life. And it has all been in a tragic way. I keep going inspired, though…

Fave app?
Rat On A Scooter.

Latest technology that you love?
iPhone 4.

Your latest Favorite YouTube clip?
Bed intruder song.

MAC or PC?
Mac

Well, there you have it. Week three of NEXT GEN insider, born out of gendance, and on a mission with the most creative visionaries of this generation. Thank you O-Bee.

Source: http://nextgeninsider.com

No comments:

Post a Comment